Planner - Thames Water
We are currently looking for a Planner to work as part of our Thames Water team to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. The programme will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water's £2billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance' of industry-leading organisations.
The planner role will provide and maintain a robust schedule and assist the project team to deliver the project on time and in alignment with the agreed delivery strategy.
- Develop and maintain project schedules that realistically defines the life cycle of the project from inception, through design, delivery and handover.
- Provide planning support to the Project Management team and other project functions
- Meet regularly with the project team and supporting functions to maintain the schedules and ensure it contains up to date project information
- Monitor and report project changes and delays that impact the schedule.
- Prepare and issue period project reports to provide the team with high level and detailed snap shots of the project.
- Monitor project progress and report project float and variance against baseline
- Carry out project critical path analysis.
- Provide planning input to project reports.
- Support the month end reporting process and ensure its timely achievement.
- Review contractor schedules and ensure compliance with the Project Schedule, reporting areas of 'non-compliance' for resolution.
We're looking for:
- Civil Engineering/Infrastructure experience
- Extensive planning experience
- Possess sound understanding of planning skills and programming.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline.
- Experienced user of Primavera P6
- Experience in MEICA delivery (desirable)
- Chartered or near chartered in a construction discipline (desirable)
- Working knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety (desirable)
- Good knowledge of NEC types of contract
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.