Service Manager - Highways
Economic & Community Infrastructure Operations
Glastonbury and Bridgwater
Service Manager - Highways
37 hours per week
Salary: £44,328 per annum
Job No: APP00116
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Highways Maintenance team for a Service Manager to manage and maintain part of the 6,600 kilometres of highway network in Somerset.
About the job
You will be responsible for two area highway offices based in the Mendip (Glastonbury) and Sedgemoor (Bridgwater) areas of Somerset. The offices have around twenty staff in total undertaking a wide and challenging range of highway-related functions. The role will require the development of numerous internal and external contacts to promote and foster professional partnerships. This is critical to ensure the County Council's duties and responsibilities are delivered effectively and in a timely manner. Providing advice to stakeholders, colleagues and County Councillors in respect of operational, technical and policy matters is a key task of the role.
Expertise and strong management are also key elements of the role to fulfil the delivery the County Council’s priorities, drive performance and meet service targets. As a member of the Highway Management Team you will be required to provide leadership, management and motivation in delivering a range of highway services.
We would be pleased to hear from you if you have a strong interest and proven track record in managing and maintaining highways. You will be customer focussed and willing to drive change with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships. For an informal discussion about the post please contact Andrew Turner, Strategic Manager - Highways on 07977 401896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details and to apply please click Apply Now below.
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. We offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Discounted lease car via salary sacrifice scheme and options for discounts on petrol or diesel.
- My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and so forth.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, childcare vouchers, additional annual leave, computers, mobile phones and health screening.
- Generous annual leave and flexible working arrangements.
- Staff discounts in gyms.
- Employee Assistance and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
- Optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
Somerset County Council must ensure that each person who works for the public authority in a customer-facing role can speak fluent English. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Closing date: 28 February 2018