We are looking for a Senior Estimator to work in our Swindon HQ to contribute to rail, highways and major project tenders and successful tender strategies.
The role will involve being an integral part of bid teams, directing and managing the cost build-up of civils tenders typically in the range of £10M to £50M while working closely with Bid Managers and the bid team to ensure that a competitive tender is produced.
Key responsibilities will include:.
- Proactively contributing to the development of a successful tender strategy
- Working closely with Bid Managers and bid teams to ensure a competitive tender is produced
- Contributing to Tender Launch meetings and provision of early pricing overview of major quantities and cost approximation
- Developing Activity Schedules / BoQ structures / client pricing documents
- Producing or appointing take-off or measurement checks
- Working from first principles to develop fully costed schemes with minimal supervision. Able to provide full back up of pricing as required
- Agreeing methodologies and outputs for key activities with planners and, where appropriate, with Bid Managers / Design Managers
- Considering options quickly to determine the most cost effective design and construction solutions to inform preferred options for further development
- Pricing alternative design solutions as required by the client and tender strategy
- Producing competitive prices using appropriate methodologies and outputs relevant to the scheme
- Providing breakdowns of labour, plant and materials as required
- Working closely with procurement to create comparison sheet for materials considering unit rate / wastage / waiting time / total cost
- Liaising with procurement to determine appropriate selection of material suppliers and subcontract packages.
- Contributing to the compilation and pricing of Risk & Opportunity Registers
- Creating BoQ and/or Activity Schedules where possible to provide a positive/advantageous cash flow.
- Ensuring all estimating papers are prepared and presented at the Settlement Meeting
- Liaising with the Commercial team and Bid Managers to complete necessary contract documentation
- Ensuring all requirements of Corporate governance relating to the estimate are implemented prior to submission of tender, in conjunction with the Bid Manager.
Why work for us?
At HOCHTIEF we are proud of our achievements and our reputation for innovation, dynamism and excellence and we are conscious of the fact that this success has been built firmly on the commitment and dedication of each member of our team.
HOCHTIEF (UK) Construction recognise the benefits of a diverse business and is committed to treating everyone fairly, inclusively and with respect, providing challenging and rewarding opportunities to develop and to gain a real sense of satisfaction from their work.