Project Manager on £18m Rail Station Upgrade
PROJECT MANAGER – Highways & Infrastructure
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Purpose of Role:
As Project Manager for this scheme you will be responsible for the overall
direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of site
works for the project. You will be required to meet or
exceed the Company’s expectations for health & safety, quality, customer
satisfaction, programme performance and commercial out-turn, thereby ensuring
consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Internal: All levels of staff and operatives working on the
project – Delivery, Commercial, Planning, Head Office
External: Multiple parts of client organisation
, sub-contractors, local residents, interest groups, design
- Through the team, to ensure the delivery of the project
within the given constraints of time and cost.
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations
associated with the project delivery are met.
- To identify the necessary resources and assign individual
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as
appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To carry out all the Project Manager’s duties established
for the project by the Task Role Assignment Matrix.
- To ensure that relations with the client and all
stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to
an appropriate level.
- To apply the companies methodology effectively and
enforce project standards.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and
- Clear thinker with determination and energy, good
planning abilities, well-organised and seeking perfection.
- Able to lead teams comprising a variety of abilities.
- Assertive but personable.
- Able to communicate constructively with a wide spectrum
- Willing to lead by example and work on own initiative.
- Able to focus on and achieve project goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills, numeracy,
and oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines
- Able to manage, and respond positively to, change.
- Keen to achieve self-development.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or HND in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years' on-site construction experience with
significant recent experience in management positions.
- Good knowledge of contract and health & safety law.
- Comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
- Extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Competent in the use of IT.
- Driving licence.