Assistant Estimator - Engineering Background - Excellent Opportunity
Assistant Estimator – London – Groundwork’s - £35-40k
About the company: The company has been operating since 1998 and was formed with the intention of providing a civil engineering and building service to the construction industry. The type of work undertaken has been focussed towards the lump sum all risk civil engineering and groundwork packages of major property developers within the south east of England. The company currently operates at a turnover in excess of £18 million, which has been achieved by steady but continued growth since its inception.
About the role
- Calculate and estimate the expected cost of construction of a given project.
- Forecast how long it will take to complete the project.
- Assist the estimating team to make profitable and competitive bids by coming up with all the cost information needed for the projects.
- Work as an effective member of the team.
.About the Requirements
- Take offs and quantities from sketches and drawings to give areas, dig depths, volumes and so forth. Must be able to measure accurately and scale drawings / sketches having been given one real site measurement.
- Building up direct job costs based on labour, plant and materials for basement construction and other structural work.
- Quote writing. Must be able to write quotes in English.
- Costing variations.
- Education - Graduate, Quantity Surveyor/Estimating/Engineering or similar
About the Benefits: An excellent opportunity to start you career as an Estimator with a company that will develop and ensure progression. A very competitive salary also.