Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor - Welsh Water
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor who is keen to drive improvement at Project level in accordance with the UK HS&S KPIs? Do you have experience in advising, guiding and coaching all personnel on the contract regarding the implementation of the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS)?
- Complete a series of H&S workplace audits/inspections in accordance with a defined plan, and produce timely quality reports
- Support the Site Managers and Operations Managers in the production, review and implementation of the Construction Phase Plans / Project Execution Plan
- Support site management in reviewing and development of risk assessments and method statements
- Support site management in delivering inductions and training
- Support the General Managers and Operations Managers in accident / incident investigations
We're looking for:
- Previous experience working as a Health & Safety Advisor - essential
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- NEBOSH General Certificate/NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Technician grade membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) or above
- Experience in OHSAS 18001 internal auditing
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 - desirable
- Working towards CMIOSH - desirable
- NEBOSH Health and Wellbeing Certificate - desirable
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic - we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.