Data Privacy And Information Security Officer - BAM Nuttall - London
Data Privacy and Information Security Officer - Central London.
BAM Nuttall is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors, working on a diverse range of challenging infrastructure projects throughout the UK. Reporting to the Head of ICT you will assist the development, implementation, management and improvement of the company data protection and information security management systems and ensure compliance with current standards and legislation for data protection and information security.
Based out of our central London office, you will be expected to travel across the UK and Europe, visiting projects and regional offices.
Your key activities will include:
• Verifying conformance of policies, systems and management plans with current and emerging industry standards, regulatory and BAM Nuttall requirements in relation to data protection and information security.
• Identifying emerging data and ICT risks and security trends and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Assisting with and conducting data privacy impact assessments.
• Monitoring and reporting on the status of any required actions from data privacy impact assessments.
• Advising people within the business on data protection and information security requirements.
• Working for and reporting to Head of ICT, Head of Business Process and Quality and Compliance Officer as appropriate.
Qualifications and experience necessary to this role include:
• Educated to degree level in a related subject or experience demonstrating degree level knowledge.
• Direct experience of planning, implementing, monitoring and improvement of data and information management systems.
• A good working knowledge of information security including ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management Standard.
• Understanding of, and practical experience of applying data protection and other related legislation, standards and codes of practice.
• Good working knowledge of information risk analysis/management.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels and influence change within the business.
• Proficient in the scoping, application and use of information technology.
• Demonstrable personal development with a good record of regular CPD.
The following experience would be advantageous:
• Direct experience achieving and maintaining certification with independent accredited bodies.
• Experience in delivering ITIL practices.
• 2 years' experience in the data protection field.
• ICT and data protection audit experience.
• Experience in managing, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
• Membership of a related professional body.
The package offered will include company car / allowance, BUPA, generous pension as well as commensurate salary.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.