Estimator - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Senior Estimator / Estimator - Kilsyth, near Glasgow.
A vacancy exists for a Senior Estimator / Estimator, to work in our regional office in Kilsyth (reasonable flexible working arrangements will be considered).
The role will involve the preparation of properly considered cost estimates and budget prices to meet specified timescales for schemes covering a range of civil engineering industry sectors, work types, locations and value.
Your key activities will include:
• Co-ordinate with bid teams, colleagues in the estimating department and in the wider Preconstruction team.
• Give direction to estimating administrative staff.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, quantity surveyors and other third parties.
• Organise and administer tender documents, correspondence, enquiries and quotations.
• Challenge and contribute to all aspects of the bid preparation and submission and investigate safe and cost effective solutions.
• Collect and distribute feedback and maintain awareness of latest techniques.
• Prepare cost estimates from first principles using proprietary estimating software.
• Organise and participate in bid preparation and review meetings.
• Prepare tender summary information and priced risk and opportunity registers.
• Prepare and communicate estimate information for bid review meetings and for handover to project teams.
• Comply with BAM Nuttall procedures.
We are on an exciting journey towards embedment of digital construction techniques and processes in all parts of our business. This vacancy presents an opportunity to take a leading role in the forefront of implementing new digital construction practices in the estimating process.
This opportunity is open to applicants who would be interested in the challenge of working on large and complex bids.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.