Bridge Engineer / Senior Bridge Engineer
We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Engineer/ Senior Engineer to join our Bridges & Civil Structures team in Birmingham. Working on a host of interesting, complex and stimulating projects for a variety of clients, you will provide technical support to the senior team, ensuring successful delivery of projects to timescale and budget.
The bridges team works on a wide range of interesting projects, some of which can be viewed on http://peterbrett.com/services/services-directory/bridges/
In order to be considered for this Bridge Engineer/ Senior Bridge Engineer role you will have:
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- A good technical knowledge and capability in the design and/or assessment and construction of bridges and civil structures
- Demonstrable experience in Rail Infrastructure including bridges & stations and/or highways bridges and general civil structures design and/ or assessments
- A working knowledge of LUSAS and/or MIDAS, and AutoCAD
- An ability to work well independently with minimum supervision and as part of a close knit design team
- Good working knowledge of Eurocodes and DMRB, MCHW and/ or Network Rail Standards
- Commitment to meet requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental standards, both national and corporate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in preparing technical documents, e.g. Technical Notes, Approval in Principle, Feasibility Studies, Assessment Report, etc.
- Experience of liaising with stakeholders, contractors and clients
- A Graduate membership of the ICE and/ or IStructE and proactively working towards achieving Incorporated or Chartered Engineer Status
- Ability to help to manage and coach junior engineers, graduate engineers and assistant engineers whilst reporting back to senior management.
- A full UK driving licence
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.