Temporary Works Engineer - tRIIO
We are looking for a Temporary Works Engineer to join the tRIIO team based in London to ensure that the tRIIO procedures for the control of temporary works are properly implemented on site.
- Provide technical and delivery assurance on all temporary works and civil engineering activities with respect both to tRIIO and other supply chain contracts to ensure the relevant activities are being correctly managed.
- Ensure that arrangements are in place to ensure the overall co-ordination of all temporary works on the project
- Manage the temporary work interfaces between tRIIO and the supply chain
- Assist with tender information when required; technical assessment of tender returns
- Prepare Temporary Works Designs and Design Checks
- Ensure that the temporary works design is satisfactory. Ensure that a design check is carried out, covering concept, structural adequacy and compliance with the design brief
We're looking for:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with at least 3 years post qualification experience in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Experience within the main facets of Temporary Works including Ground Support systems, Scaffolding, Formwork, and False work
- Experience in co-ordination of the civil/structural works, completion of construction activities, reviewing contractor method statements and ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and contract requirements during design and on site
- Ability to discuss complex technical issues and with key stakeholders, ability to persuade and influence
Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.