Job Category: Transport Contract type: Permanent Working hours: Full Time Department: City Operations Grade: Grade 7 Salary: £28,221 - £32,233 Closing date: 29/05/2018
An opportunity has become available within City Operations in the Transport Vision, Policy & Strategy Team for a Grade 7 Engineer (Cycling).
There is an increasing need to invest in cycling infrastructure in Cardiff associated with achieving the outcomes of the Cardiff Ambition, Corporate Business Plan, Local Development Plan, Local Transport Plan and fulfil statutory obligations associated with the Active Travel Act and Well-being of Future Generations Act.
The emerging Cardiff Cycling Strategy seeks to double cycling journeys by 2026. There is a high proportion of daily journeys in Cardiff that are short and local and could be made by walking and cycling with the right infrastructure in place. The Integrated Network Map approved by the Council commits to Active Travel infrastructure improvements over the next 15 years subject to funding developed through robust consultation and detailed technical analysis. Delivery of these commitments will greatly assist in reducing congestion, supporting modal shift and making a major contribution to public health by encouraging active lifestyles, tackling obesity and improving local air quality.
This post will provide the project management, design and delivery support for an ambitious programme of cycling improvements and initiatives.
Your duties will include:
• Project manage, design and deliver cycling schemes.
• Act in a client role for detailed design and construction of cycling schemes.
• Undertake site visits by bicycle.
• Utilise specialist knowledge and expertise to support service delivery, inform the Council’s infrastructure programmes and bid for funding.
• Develop, build and maintain relationships with key internal and external customers and stakeholders and undertake scheme consultations.
• Organise and attend events, meetings and workshops in relation to the delivery of schemes, initiatives and policy.
• Assist with developing, managing, maintaining and amending policies, plans and procedures utilising best practice and other innovative approaches.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation as well as any other local, national or Council requirement relevant to service delivery.
For further information or informal discussion about this post please contact Jason Dixon, Team Leader, Transport Vision, Policy & Strategy on telephone number (029) 2087 3271.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh. Applications received in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than English applications.