Project Director/ Team Leader - Rail
Our client is a Multinational project management company. They have an urgent requirement for a Project Director with extensive rail and light rail experience on projects across the Middle-East, Africa and Asia. The right candidate will have experience of reviewing FIDIC contracts and operating in a project controls role BUT will be from a Civil engineering background and will have worked in a Project Management/ Director position. This role is client facing and will require working closely with the planning department of the national authority. This role is responsible for managing and leading a diverse team of professionals including Architects, Engineers, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and other supporting services.
Drawing on your existing infrastructure delivery and rail projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout all project life-cycles and final handover to the client.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan
- Establish project contract management system
- Create quarterly contract management status report
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the ‘company’ Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Manage the Project Manager’s performance of delegated responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization
- A minimum of 15 years of work experience as a transport engineer
- International work experience, preferably in developing countries
- At least 10 years’ experience with contract management
- At least one experience as contract manager on a project of similar size, preferably in the rail
Or urban transport sector
- Involvement in at least one large metro project, in the last ten years.
- Good knowledge of the FIDIC contracts.
- Documented experience in working with the procedures and software proposed by the Project Management and Technical Support (PMTS).
- Strong experience in building the capacities of counterpart staff, preferably in developing/emerging countries