Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - South East
Planning Engineer - Berkshire.
BAM Nuttall is working on multi-million pound framework for delivery of major works within the water sector in South East England. This provides an exciting and long term opportunity for an experienced Planning Engineer to join our team working in Berkshire / Surrey / Hampshire area.
Initially required to design and construct a new process stream using Lamella clarifiers, RGFs, GACs, and sludge treatment expanding the site from 45Ml/d to 68Ml/d. The key project challenge is to integrate the new works into the existing without disrupting flows to thousands of customers. You will see the project through design, construction, M&E fit out and commissioning.
Initially, during the design phase, you will be based in the shared office in Maidenhead, Berkshire with occasional travel to other sites and our regional offices in Kent. Following on from the project completion in 2020, you will then be responsible for number of smaller projects in our Surrey, Berkshire, and Hampshire region.
You will be expected to undertake:
• Monthly updates.
• Support the commercial team with change management and supporting documentation (CE programmes).
• Resource loading.
• Monthly reporting on EVM.
• Able to fully develop and input into tender and/or project programmes from first principles, including supporting tender/project teams with submissions and bids.
Opportunity to expand on experience and further your career within a vibrant and excellent team environment.
Prospect of expanding responsibility to manage other sites and staff across the south east region.
Your skills and qualifications should include:
• Civil Engineering degree or similar required.
• Competent user of Primavera P6 (MSP also advantages).
• NEC 3 experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good knowledge of construction techniques.
• Ideally the candidate will have a strong site based experience gained within a contracting environment.
• Minimum of 3 years construction planning experience.
• Ability to work autonomously or within a team environment.
• Ideally, be able to mentor or manage junior staff.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.