Vice President - Transport - Beirut
Our client is a leading Engineering Consultancy in the Middle East; they are seeking a highly experienced VP for transport to join their team in Beirut. Ideal candidates for this role will have at least 18 years’ experience of project management on large transport projects and have directed multiple, multi-million dollar infrastructure and rail programmes across the MENA region. This role is client facing and candidates must have a previous track record of business development and working as a client representative. The candidate placed in this role will be responsible for managing and leading a diverse range of professionals including Architects, Engineers, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and other supporting services on multiple large-scale rail projects across the Middle East. Drawing on your existing projects delivery experience, you will be responsible for monitoring direction of the projects across the region and coordinating throughout all project life-cycles and final handover to the client.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan for our clients Infrastructure projects
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business and winning new contracts
- Ensure that the financial objectives for the infrastructure programed are delivered
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the ‘company’ Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Construction related Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 18 years post graduate experience
- Must have held an operation’s or managing director role
- Experience in leading on multiple large Infrastructure developments in the Middle East or Asia
- Experience of leading a business and having responsibility for a P&L account.
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results.
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization