Project Director - Light Rail - Systems - Qatar
Our client is a Multinational project management company. They have an urgent requirement for a Project Director with light rail experience on projects across the Middle-East and Asia. The candidate placed in this role must be experienced with rail systems. This role is responsible for managing and leading a diverse team of professionals including Architects, Engineers, Designers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors and other supporting services.
Drawing on your existing rail delivery and light rail projects experience, you will be responsible for monitoring the project direction and coordinating throughout all project life-cycles and final handover to the client.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the project as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the programme
- Manage all programme risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the ‘company’ Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Manage the Project Manager’s performance of delegated responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or any related degree, chartered.
- A minimum of 20 years post graduate experience
- Experience in leading on light rail projects preferably in the Middle East.
- Experienced in the application or different transit systems
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results.
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization