Senior Flood Risk Consultant - Reading or Oxford
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is an independent consultancy, providing engineering, planning, economics and engineering services. We place sustainability at the heart of our culture and operation, and have built a world-class reputation in a wide variety of market sectors.
As a leading development and infrastructure consultancy, our clients are involved in a wide range of activities from the development of housing and offices to provision of major infrastructure schemes. Flood risk is now a key consideration in many of these projects and we need to continue to innovate and come up with creative solutions which both protect people and promote sustainable development.
Within our flood risk management team, we have extensive modelling and assessment expertise and have created a new and exciting role for the right person to join us at a senior level to help shape and direct our project team and provide robust and creative advice to our existing clients.
Based in our largest office, in Reading, this is a great opportunity to develop your existing consultancy experience within an exciting and friendly environment.
The role holder will have the opportunity to take a lead in a range of multi-disciplinary projects, including flood risk assessment and development work, flood alleviation studies, supporting works to water bodies classified under the Reservoirs Act and supporting work driven by the Water Framework Directive.
Key responsibilities / duties include:
- Client and stakeholder liaison
- Project management, undertaking a technical lead and review role
- Technical lead during the production of 1D/2D models, flood maps and outline designs of flood management measures
- Review technical work, such as hydrological and hydraulic analysis, flood risk reports
- Preparation of flood risk assessments and environmental statement water chapters
- Management and development of junior staff
Capabilities and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic team player, who holds a degree, Masters degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline and will be either Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience of land development and planning policy in the UK
- Have knowledge of producing 1D/2D models
- Have the ability to use models to inform design
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Have good client/stakeholder liaison skills
- Be able to manage multiple complex projects
- Be able to manage and develop junior staff
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.