Principal Bridge Engineer
PBA are appointed to the TfL Professional Services Framework for Multi-Disciplinary Services. We are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Principal Engineer to provide a multi-disciplinary lead on bidding and managing framework opportunities and other infrastructure projects including bridge schemes. This role will be joining our established bridges team in Reading.
The bridges team works on a wide range of interesting projects some of which can be viewed on http://peterbrett.com/services/services-directory/bridges/
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Leading the preparation of bids
- Managing the work output effectively across disciplines to meet client brief, budget and programme requirements
- Overseeing the design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundations
- Liaising with the Project Director to establish a clear definition of the project requirements
- Mentoring graduate engineers
- Coordinating the technical aspects of the projects, including reports, calculations and drawings in accordance with the Practice’s QMS, EMS and H&S procedures
The ideal Candidate will be a positive and enthusiastic engineer and must have Chartered Engineer status (MICE or MIStructE).
They should also have a number of the following capabilities:
- A thorough understanding of London Underground procedures and processes
- An ability to manage other disciplines including M&E and Architecture
- Ability to develop business with London Underground and other TfL Directorates with the assistance of others
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and significant experience in the design, checking and assessment of bridges, retaining structures and foundations, with problem solving ability
- Experience in Eurocodes and/or BS 5400 (Eurocodes preferred)
- Ability to manage time and resources working on multiple concurrent projects work independently and attend client/project meetings
Flexible working arrangements are available to suit individual needs.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.