Temporary Works Engineer - tRIIO
We are looking for a Temporary Works Engineer to join the tRIIO team based in London to ensure that the tRIIO procedures for the control of temporary works are properly implemented on site.
Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
Responsibilities will include site walkouts, checking temporary works, liaising with permanent works designer and liaising with the contractors. You will also be accountable for the management of the design, checking process and technical approval of erection and dismantling of designated temporary works.
The successfull candidate will have experience of dealing with Temporary Works Coordination and have experience working on Civil Engineering projects specifically utilities and multi-utility diversions.
We're looking for:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with at least 3 years post qualification experience in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- Experience within the main facets of Temporary Works including Ground Support systems, Scaffolding, Formwork, and False work
- Experience in co-ordination of the civil/structural works, completion of construction activities, reviewing contractor method statements and ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and contract requirements during design and on site
- Ability to discuss complex technical issues and with key stakeholders, ability to persuade and influence
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.