Our client is currently on the lookout for a Civil Engineer to deliver a number of medium to large multi-disciplinary development projects within a live operational environment in Dover.
As an experienced Civil Engineer, you will possess fantastic communication skills as well as the ability to design, manage and contract manage on a range of different projects in a Port environment.
Requirements of the Civil Engineer:
* Degree Civil Engineering or related discipline
* Minimum five years' experience in a similar role as a Civil Engineer
* Working knowledge of NEC contracts
* Demonstrable experience of managing complex civil engineering projects
* Budget control and preparing project time and cost forecasts
* Managing Consultants and Contractors
Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer:
* Preparing designs, specifications, drawings, risk and environmental assessments for the execution of civil & structural engineering works
* Act as Project Manager under NEC contracts as Employer under NEC PSC Contracts
* Leading the management of the scoping and preparation of detailed design briefs
* Designing and preparing specifications and drawings for maintenance work and items of new work to be carried out
* Assessing Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers against safety and quality competency criteria and make recommendations for appointment.
* Liaising with architects, consultants and quantity surveyors appointed to take control of a project on the organisations behalf
* Ensuring that site records are maintained to enable works to be measured and evaluated with the assistance of inspecting staff and/or others.
* Furnish reports, regularly for financial and progress reports on contract works, and as required for the Team Leader.
* Providing estimates and feasibility studies for proposed new schemes and alterations to existing structures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation as it continues to deliver high quality multi-discipline projects in a live operational environment. Speak to Darryl Yates today on 01728 726136 for more information on the fantastic new role, including salary and other benefits.