Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Advisor - Welsh Water
Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country's buildings and infrastructure.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor who is keen to drive improvement at Project level in accordance with the UK HS&S KPIs? Do you have experience in advising, guiding and coaching all personnel on the contract regarding the implementation of the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS)?
Join Skanska as a Health and Safety Advisor in Wales on our Welsh Water contract where we'll get to know you and help you realise your ambitions.
Working at Skanska as a Health and Safety Advisor you'll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development, career progression and a constant stream of new challenges. All in a supportive and inclusive environment.
You will have a broad range of responsibilities:
- Complete a series of H&S workplace audits/inspections in accordance with a defined plan
- Support the Site Managers and Operations Managers in the production, review and implementation of the Construction Phase Plans / Project Execution Plan
- Support site management in reviewing and development of risk assessments and method statements
We're looking for:
- Previous experience working as a Health & Safety Advisor - essential
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- NEBOSH General Certificate/NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Technician grade membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) or above
- Experience in OHSAS 18001 internal auditing
- Ideally you'll hold NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5 or NEBOSH Health and Wellbeing Certificate or working towards CMIOSH
All Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with Data Protection.