Site Engineer - BAM Nuttall - North West
Site Engineers - North West.
BAM Nuttall is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors employing over 3000 staff nationwide. Due to our increased workload we are currently looking to recruit Site Engineers to join one of several projects in the north of England.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policies and report any standards on the site which are considered by you as inadequate.
• Where required supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers and work with section foremen.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Confirm in writing, on the same day, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Complete inspection and test plans as required by the PMP / Specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors' attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
• Assist in the preparation and monitoring of 4 weekly programmes in conjunction with the section engineer.
• Provide accurate measurements for materials required for site. Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting in the weekly site review meeting.
• Ensure that material delivery tickets are passed to the section engineer for cost coding.
• Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
• Provide assistance to the measurement department where required for example earthworks surveys.
• Maintain survey books as required by your line manager.
• Take receipt of materials and check description, quantity, markings and condition before signing for receipt.
Your qualifications and experience should include:
• Successful experience at Assistant Engineer level.
• Knowledge of government legislation on all matters relating to safety and environment.
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Qualified to ONC level, a Graduate or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.