Register Your Interest - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Register Your Interest - Senior Quantity Surveyor (Welsh Water)Skanska, a leading construction company and developer, is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build a better society. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive, bringing people and technology together to build, upgrade and maintain the country's buildings and infrastructure.
Our utilities team covers everything from design and development to installation and repair, for water, gas and power networks across the UK. We have over 40 years' of experience in helping to ensure a safe, secure and sustainable supply of energy and water to millions of households and businesses.
A Skanska-Hyder team has been appointed as a capital delivery partner to Welsh Water's AMP6 alliance. Valued at £25 million a year to the partnership, it will run for an initial five years with a review at the end of the AMP6 (Asset Management Plan) period, which could lead to a five-year extension. The Skanska-Hyder team brings to the contract a collaborative approach that will support Welsh Water's alliance model for the AMP6 period.
To continue your growth in Quantity Surveying, join Skanska as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in North Wales where we'll get to know you and help you realise your ambitions. Working at Skanska as a Senior Quantity Surveyor you'll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development, career progression and a constant stream of new challenges. All in a supportive and inclusive environment.
You will have a broad ranging responsibilities:
- Providing commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams.
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc; coordinating any responses required with Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
- Supervision of 2 Graduates and/or assistant quantity surveyors
- A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
A career with us means you'll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
All Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with Data Protection.