MEP CAD Technician, Reading
MEP CAD Technician
Up to £28,000
This is a unique opportunity to work in a truly integrated engineering environment that has been structured to respond to the future demands of the construction industry. The engineering teams work together to deliver building solutions using BIM amongst other industry toolkits.
Work stages will vary, ranging from strategic master planning through to detailed design and construction and forming part of a wider M&E and multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
The team is currently using Autodesk AEC Collection 2017, with future opportunity for candidate to work in Revit MEP alongside BIM manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- To take the CAD drawing process for the MEP design from Stage 2 design through to Stage 4 drawings.
- To ensure all M&E CAD drawing work is fully coordinated, avoiding any clashes, and accurately integrated within the architectural design and structural design.
- To maintain production of CAD drawings to programmed time scales.
- To ensure accurate referencing of drawings including updating revision status and ensure all drawing issues are accompanied with a drawing issue register.
- Liaise with other designers and consultants whose CAD coordination and collaboration required.
Key skills for success in this role include:
- 2-4 years of experience
- Be competent in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience in drafting all typical MEP systems, i.e. HVAC, LTHW, BCWS, LV distribution, life safety systems, M&E Plant rooms etc.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of construction process and associated MEP services.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work within set timescale
- Able to comply and maintain company's CAD standards and workflows