Digital Engineering Technician - BAM Nuttall - London
Digital Engineering Technician - London.
This three year apprenticeship combines paid employment and block release at London Design and Engineering University Technical College. You will train as a Digital Engineering Technician working as a key part of our London Business Unit.
Your key activities will include:
• Produce 3D and 4D models to a high standard for use both in tenders and projects, following company and industry processes.
• Provide BIM delivery support for tenders and project teams.
• Create, modify and review multi-discipline models.
• Support organisation development in digital engineering, including progress reporting and training delivery.
• Lead and advise on drone use on projects.
• Communicate effectively in both written and spoken form with Client, colleagues, designers, stakeholders and supply chain.
• Support the London digital team in meeting their initiatives.
• Share experience, expertise and knowledge with others in London and other business units.
• Assist London digital team in writing and delivering presentations and training.
• Assist London digital team in developing internal standards and procedures.
• Promptly communicate any challenges encountered with the London digital team and project or tender teams.
• Provide updates to project and tender team during development of deliverables, ensuring that their expectations are met or exceeded.
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will continue their career progression as part of our digital construction team in London.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• A minimum of 5 x GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C or above (including Maths at grade B or above, plus English and Science at grade C or above).
• Working knowledge of engineering practice and standards and ability to adhere to them.
• Knowledge of current health, safety and environment legislation.
• Motivated in self-development and learning.
• Effective use of Microsoft Office products to present data, produce slides and presentations and lay out documents to communicate effectively.
• Enthusiastic and productive.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to different situations.
• Ability to travel to different locations in London is essential.
Work placements will be based on construction sites and offices in London and may require the apprentice to live away from home.
The successful candidate will be entitled to the Company benefits scheme and pay will be reviewed annually.
Should you have any questions please contact: Apprenticeships@bamnuttall.co.uk
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.