Senior Planning and Consents Officer - tRIIO
We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Planning and Consents Officer to join our gas engineering team in either Slough or Sheffield, with regular travel between the sites.
Working in partnership with National Grid to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England. tRIIO specialise in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK's gas distribution network and providing the best possible service to our customer
You will manage and oversee all Planning and Consents associated with the design and construction for below and above ground assets throughout London and the East of England Network to ensure that projects are delivered on programme and to budget.
This is a critical role within the Design and Assurance function, where you'll manage the interface between tRIIO design / delivery teams and external consultants associated with planning & consents on all projects, including Planning, Ecology, Archaeology & Historic.
- Manage and undertake planning applications/Consents for the construction of above and below ground pipework and gas assets.
- Provide advice and land agency services in conjunction with the clients own Land & Business Services team for the delivery of a planned Mains Replacement Programme, Reinforcement schemes, planned and emergency diversions.
- Prepare and manage temporary occupation licences for sites, acquisition of easements for new/diverted assets.
- Management of consultants to acquire crossings e.g. British Waterways, Environment agency, Network Rail.
- Provide support to Gas Delivery teams on complex Engineering project regarding the management of statutory stakeholders, undertakers and private landowners.
We're looking for
- A degree in a related discipline preferably with or working towards Chartered Surveyor Status.
- Suitable post qualification experience, some of which should have been gained working in a similar sector of the construction industry
- A detailed understanding of legal requirements associated with planning and consents for working in areas of private land and buildings
- Experienced and competent in producing business case reports for project approval
- Good commercial awareness and knowledge of contract conditions.
- Experience of managing relationships with both internal and external interfaces
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in producing commercial business case papers for high value project approval.
- A good understanding of the tRIIO regulatory framework