Assistant Geotechnical Engineer - Manchester
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Assistant Geotechnical Engineer to join an experienced team within a leading UK-based Engineering Consultancy, in Manchester.
As an Assistant Geotechnical Engineer, you will be expected to utilise your previous design experience including the use of relevant software packages for your involvement within major infrastructure projects throughout the UK.
To be considered for this role, you must be a self-motivated Geotechnical Engineer with project management experience, including both technical and financial aspects.
You will need to possess a strong degree in a relevant technical discipline, such as Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar. Having a Masters will be beneficial, but is not essential.
Within this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and as part of the Geotechnical design team
- Both office-based and site work
- Completing Geotechnical designs for a variety of projects
- Preparing contracts and tenders
- Visiting sites to undertake Ground Investigations
- The supervision of construction
- Client interactions
- Compiling technical reports
As this role will require candidates to visit sites, you must hold a full, clean UK driver's licence.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience within a similar position, including project management
- Be familiar with AutoCAD, Excel, Microsoft Project and relevant Geotechnical design software
- Be capable of liaising effectively with team members, contractors and clients
- Possess strong organisation skills and have a proactive approach
This role offers a competitive salary, benefits package and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Stockport, Stretford, Bury and Middleton.
My client is keen to hold interviews as soon as possible, so if this role interests you and you fulfil the criteria then please apply today.
If you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.