Lead Engineer (Gas Safe) - tRIIO
We are looking for a Lead Engineer (Gas Safe) to join our growing Engineering Assurance Team, to lead Internal Works activity across the tRIIO contract.
tRIIO specialise in delivering the design and contracting services for the UK'€™s gas distribution network and providing the best possible service to our customers.
Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
You will be a highly competent individual who is able to develop and lead an assurance plan which provides confidence within tRIIO Executive around internal works compliance in installation and competence of work force.
You'll possess a thorough knowledge of appropriate Gas Engineering Procedures, Gas Installation and Use Regulations and Gas safety Management Regulations to enable you to understand current performance and to build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage a team providing advice and guidance on internal works installation across the entire work book for tRIIO, to ensure delivery of legislative compliance.
- Specify the requirements for the development of engineering skills within operations line management
- Develop processes that ensure consistent application of Engineering standards across all tRIIO geographical areas
- Monitor compliance with engineering policies, procedures and legislation
We're looking for
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate Gas Engineering Procedures, Gas Installation and Use Regulations, Gas safety Management Regulations
- Suitable professional engineering qualification; i.e. degree in Mech Eng / NVQ level 4.
- Ability to implement a process of internal audit & inspection, recommend preventative action, develop new initiatives and co-ordinate to ensure their implementation
- Ability to prepare concise, accurate report detailing performance against leading and lagging indicators
- Ability to think creatively and support operations at a strategic and tactical level
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of safety behaviour, leading by example, promoting safety culture
Utilities experience and NRSWA for Supervisors is desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.