PRODUCTION COMPOSITE TECHNICIAN
PRODUCTION COMPOSITE TECHNICIAN
Salary up to £30,000
Our client specialises in the production of GPR composite products for the construction sector. They are supply partners to the UKs large blue chip housebuilders where products are utilised across the UK. Our client is looking for highly motivated candidates that want to be part of the success. They operate from two production sites in south Derbyshire, working in a fast paced environment they want to hear from candidates that are highly motivated and driven for success.
Production Composite Technician Job Summary:
Working as a Production Composite Technician you will set up and manage production activities in its new manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be experienced in VARTM manufacturing especially in the manufacture and use of Silicone Bag technology. It is important that the candidate has manufacturing experience in both GRP Wet Lay up and Spray lay up processes.
Ideal candidates will have a work history that demonstrates the ability to support production successfully in an environment that requires exceptional attention to detail.
Working as a Production Composite Technician you will;
- Maintain high standards of safety, quality and output consistent with the requirements of being a company team member
- Produce composite parts inline with development and production requirements
- Produce new range of VARTM Silicone Bag moulds using Silicone Spray Machine ( full Training provided)
- Proper care of moulds; proper care/maintenance of equipment and tools
- Correct methods of releasing the tools (proper chemical handling and use of PPE.)
- Layup of Gel and Glass into GRP Moulds
- Operate all aspects of resin transfer moulding process
- Pressure/vacuum verification and injection.
- Part removal and visual inspection of RTM parts and cure verification
- Responsible for proper and accurate completion of production and traceability documentation for components.
- Use of hand tools for the modifications of composite parts
- Support the use of the ERP system on the shop floor and recommend changes as required
- Recommend and implement continuous improvement activities in production methods, equipment performance and team effectiveness
- Ability to train and lead team members, be willing to lead by example and jump in to help when required
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- Follow Health & Safety standards and use of PPE
- Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Work overtime as required
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge of composite moulding and techniques including, hand lay-up, Spray Lay up and VATRM (Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer)
- Team leading ability
- Experience with GRP manufacturing methods.
- Demonstrated experience in running production cell in same or similar environment
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings and specifications
- Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and problem-solving skills
This demanding yet challenging position offers an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join a progressive company and to develop an exciting career. Selected candidates must be enthusiastic with an excellent work ethic and be prepared to work hard in a fast paced environment.
In order to discuss this Production Composite Technician role and other similar roles please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk