Structural Engineer - Tall structures
Beroa – Bierrum is the leading specialist designer and constructor of tall reinforced concrete industrial structures in the UK. We also work extensively overseas in conjunction with our sister companies within the Dominion group on critical engineering work mainly in the power, petrochemical and process sectors but also include nuclear and solar industries.
We wish to recruit a structural/ civil designer to continue our activities. The role is varied and entails a flexible, questioning approach. There are opportunities to improve capabilities in diverse engineering fields and with branches and projects all over the world, there is excellent scope for travel.
This is a real hands-on, engineering post at the sharp end. You might be interacting with site operatives about to pour concrete, professors of engineering regarding structural dynamics, geotechnical consultants on pile interaction effects or writing reports on the condition of important heritage structures.
We are enthusiastic members of international organisations related to our work and encourage active participation on technical/ research committees and paper publication.
The role includes the following:
Main purpose of role:
- Preparing complete designs for structures of varying complexity, including relevant sketches, calculations, reports and other engineering documentation throughout the various stages of the construction process.
- Complete analysis and solution of structural problems of varying complexity that may arise during the tender and design phases, in manufacture, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
- Assess the condition of existing structures and author reports including recommendations to ensure their future performance as appropriate.
- Implement suitable temporary works concepts / drawings, including specialist construction rigs particular to our industry, for the installation/ constuction of permanent works.
Ideal qualifications / skills:
- Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer or Engineering degree of similar relevance to the Civil / Structural engineering industry.
- Chartered Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE (or equivalent) or progressing towards such qualifications.
- Knowledge of BIM (Build, Information, Modelling).
- Experience of finite element analysis programs
- Basic AutoCAD user
- Proficient MS Office User
- Proficient Mathcad user
- Flexible and motivated attitude.