Head of Technical & Design (Director Designate)
Head of Technical & Design
Location: UK or Ireland
Sector: Built Environment
Base Salary: £90k - £120k + attractive package
Our client is one of the UK’s fastest growing building materials groups, driven by organic and innovation led growth, with a reputation for outstanding customer service and quality.
Currently recruiting for Head of Technical & Design, responsible for management of the Design function, fast growing offsite modular roof business serving UK housing markets
- Based at one of our sites with regular travel between other sites, this position will be responsible for the Design team based across the UK and Ireland.
- Full Design & Certify responsibilities, the role will focus on delivering design excellence in support of the business’s objectives of achieving significant sales and profit growth; providing innovative design solutions supported by market-leading manufacturing, installation and customer service, the Head of Technical & Design will be responsible for design excellence, whilst driving Quality, Service and Safety standards.
- To lead and control the Design function in delivering projects from inception to completion taking ultimate responsibility for the quality of design solutions in line with expected and agreed standards.
- To develop and retain a team of competent and high performing Design Engineers and support Technicians to support the current and future Order Book.
- Degree educated, preferably a Chartered Civil / Structural Engineer and SER or equivalent certification for sign off for building structures.
- Significant experience in a senior Technical & Design management role, preferably within the timber frame segment of the New Build Residential market. Experience within the Education and Commercial sectors, although not essential, would be a plus.
- A proven track record of creating and delivering innovative, design solutions for construction markets, particularly New Build Residential, from concept to detailed delivery, design and structural analysis to construction delivery.
- Detailed working knowledge of design codes and standards relating to structural engineering such as British Standards, Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health and Safety.
In the first instance please forward relevant CV’s by clicking Apply Now below, including your current remuneration package quoting HTD/445/48.
Barnaby Stewart Senior Executive Search Limited