Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant - Durham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant to join an established UK-based Multi-disciplinary consultancy in Durham.
The successful candidate will oversee site investigations, assist with business development and project management on a variety of projects, including residential, commercial and industrial developments across the UK.
Candidates are required to have a strong academic background, including a BSc in a relevant discipline such as Geotechnical Engineering, Earth Sciences, Geology or similar. Having a MSc would be advantageous but is not essential.
As a Principal Geo-Environmental Consultant, you will be expected to assist with business development, including existing clients and winning new business. You will manage a variety of projects, including both the technical and financial aspects. You will also be responsible for mentoring junior staff, providing training on essential skills and knowledge.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Working both within an office environment and visiting sites
- Managing resources on sites and within the office
- Monitoring sites
- Preparing project proposals and plans
- Managing sub-contractors
- Completion of laboratory testing
- Data assessment
- Writing technical reports
In order to be considered for this role, candidates must have vast demonstrable experience within a similar consultancy environment, with good technical knowledge of Geotechnics for property developments, specifically Contaminated Land.
Candidates must be ambitious and eager to progress within a business development role at an expanding consultancy.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Experience of managing Site Investigations
- Previous involvement in mentoring junior staff
- Excellent technical report writing skills, including Desk Studies and Site Investigations
- A background of managing Contaminated Land and/or Geotechnical Site Assessments
- A strong business development background
- Good communication skills
- Capable of working within a team and as an individual
- Ability to build and maintain professional networks with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Being a member of a Member of a professional body working towards Chartered status
- UK drivers' licence
This role offers a competitive salary (experience dependant) with benefits and excellent career progression opportunities within a well-established consultancy.
Commutable locations include: Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Darlington and Hartlepool.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Geotechnical or Geoenvironmental Engineering please do not hesitate to contact Ronnie Cooke on 01792 365 006 or email email@example.com . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.