Industry Teaching Fellows
5 days left
The undergraduate education of civil engineers at UCL presents a unique learning opportunity. The programme is founded on a central theme of problem-based group-working strands which bring together theoretical teaching and apply it to ‘real world’ problems.
Our undergraduate programme includes experiential based taught modules in ‘design’ of civil engineering scenarios in both Year 1 and Year 2 and culminates in the unique Integrated Design Project ‘capstone’ module in Year 4. The Integrated Design Project is a group based simulation of working in an integrated design team delivering a large ‘real world’ high value project.
To support delivering the applied engineering modules academic staff work in close partnership with external industrial partners. Industrial Teaching Fellows are a key element of this partnership.
We are looking to recruit from industry a number of Industry Teaching Fellows initially for the academic year 2018-19. Typically the commitment will be 1 or 2 days per week and occasional meetings between terms.
Experience: The following are of particular interest however other expertise will be welcomed:
- Structural Engineering – experienced of a wide variety of building structures and sub-structures in all common structural materials and techniques. Particular experience of dynamic assessment of building and bridge structures would be particularly beneficial
- Drainage Engineering – experience in foul and surface water drainage in the urban environment. Experience in SUDS design would be particularly beneficial
- Roads and Transport Engineering – experienced in urban, non-urban and international situations.
- Geotechnical Engineering – particularly in complex heavily developed urban spaces.
- Construction/Constructors – we are looking to enhance the appreciation of construction of our students
- Maritime Engineering – may include ports, breakwaters, off-shore structures etc.
Annual salary of £38,581 to £41,864 pro rata. Applications emailed to email@example.com in writing with supporting statement and CV to be received by 24th August 2018. Shortlisting and interviews will be held in early September.
Apply for Industry Teaching Fellows
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly