Senior Projects Engineer
Job Title: Senior Projects Engineer
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Grimsby and Immingham
A Career at the UK’s Leading Ports Business
We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around one quarter of the UK's seaborne trade and contribute £7.5 billion to our economy every year.
It’s a story we’re proud of but it doesn’t end there. We’re transforming our business and embracing the future.
We offer a vast range of roles spanning the UK, all rooted in a culture that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages internal movement and progression, and places safety as our number one priority.
Are you an experienced Engineering Project Lead ready for your next challenge?
ABP have an exciting opportunity to join the Engineering team in the Humber to lead and provide expertise on several projects to support the region’s business growth.
You will have direct accountability for:
- An engineering team of 13 including manager, technical and administration staff.
- An annual non-revenue engineering budget of £10m - £12m
- Defensive Capital - £2m - £4m
- Departmental budget of - £700k - £800k
Interested? We are looking for somebody with:
- HNC/degree (or equivalent qualification) in Building, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Health & Safety and Environmental experience in engineering projects
- People leadership and mentoring abilities
- Project management experience in engineering works
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of MS Word and MS Excel in a business and reporting context
And ideally, you’ll also have (but not essential):
- Chartered membership to associated professional body
- NEBOSH construction certificate
- Engineering experience in Port infrastructure
ABP have other engineering opportunities coming soon across the Humber, so if you don’t meet all the above criteria, you may be suitable for other roles within the region.
- Successfully project manage the efficient delivery of engineering works including programme and budgetary control.
- Provide leadership and coaching to engineering staff whilst encouraging professional development and skills training to work well independently.
- Design, manage and develop scheme proposals to support business growth within the Region.
- Manage tender documentation and contract administration as necessary to monitor and control costs during the design, specification and procurement phase.
- Manage the construction phase ensuring works are undertaken in a safe and timely manner in accordance with agreed standards and ABP policies and values.
- Provide day-to-day engineering support and develop long-term solutions for a variety of engineering applications within budgetary constraints.
- Identify and manage environmental matters as necessary.
- Maintain pace with safety related matters and new technical innovations.
- Meet with port users, potential customers and third parties to discuss engineering matters and/or other items of common interest.
- When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
- Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.