Senior / Principal Highway Engineer
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our London team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
We have exciting opportunities to join our Highways team at Senior and Principal levels. You will be expected to:
- Lead, undertake and manage projects in the UK and internationally
- Undertake highways, pavements and drainage design and analysis to ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of our technical work product
- Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients
- Act as a line manager with involvement in resourcing, recruitment, training, mentoring and coaching
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE), or nearly Chartered, with the following experience and knowledge:
- Substantial experience in highways projects of various scale and design stages
- Sound working knowledge of national and international highway related standards (including DMRB and Eurocodes), specifications, contracts, methodologies, procedures and best practice
- Hands-on pavement and road drainage design experience
- Proficient in MX Road or Open Roads software
- People management experience would be beneficial
Full details of this role can be found on our website