Senior Engineering Geologist
Engineering Geologist - Liverpool - £Competitive
Our client is a specialist within the geotechnical and contaminated land investigation sectors, providing services throughout the UK.
Due to a significant increase in workload, our client is seeking to appoint an Engineering Geologist to join their expanding team of Engineers, Geologists and Environmental Specialists.
- Communicate with the client, Senior Engineers and Contracts Managers daily
- Completion of Engineers briefs and fieldwork briefs as required
- Daily checks to ensure that all deliverables have been received
- Undertaking site investigations, in situ geotechnical testing, groundwater and ground gas monitoring, soil and water sampling, earthworks and remediation validation
- Ensuring all company policies, procedures and SHEQ standards are met and recognizing where improvements / efficiencies can be made
- Daily communication and support to the Site Engineers / Contracts Manager, including site attendance and liaison with Laboratories (internal and external)
- Completion and submission of site visit records where necessary
- Educated to degree level in Earth Sciences / Geology / Engineering Geology or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years relevant UK experience within the geotechnical / geo-environmental ground investigation / consultancy sector
- A good communicator, capable of delegating tasks and negotiating in fast-moving situations
- Individuals who understand the need to deliver projects to deadlines, safely and on budget
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in a team environment
- Full clean driving license essential
An attractive basic salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with further training / qualification sponsorship, and a clear forward career path, given the company's dedication to employee progression and significant future growth plans. For more information on this role please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100.