Senior Engineer (Bridges) - Glasgow
Senior Engineer (Bridges)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineer (Bridges) to join a friendly civil engineering design consultancy based in the City Centre of Glasgow. Our client's workload is mostly design work in the rail industry with a balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors.
Working as the Senior Engineer you will:
- Lead and manage projects, ensuring deliverables meet contracted obligations
- Produce engineering designs, in accordance with project requirements and ensure technical compliance.
- Check design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers to ensure technical compliance.
- Structural calculations and analysis using tools like LUSAS, MIDAS, STRAND, OASYS GSA or similar
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects.
- Operate as project manager for the bid documentation and assist in building up proposals.
- Manage and build relationships with clients, consultants and contractors. Attending meetings representing the design team
- Monitor of project scope and budgets
- On site visits/ structural inspections/ investigations.
- Mentor and develop less experienced team members, allowing them to achieve their full potential
- This is a technically challenging environment, and you will need to have a solid background based on project experience in technical civil and structural engineering.
- Strong engineering degree in Civil or Structural disciplines
- Minimum of 4 years' relevant experience working in a design team environment
- Be a chartered engineer with ICE, IStructE or working towards
- A desire to get involved in highly technical problem solving
- Knowledge of tools such as LUSAS, STADPRO or similar is beneficial
- Ability to sense check calculations and challenge solutions
- Experience of working with a range of structures e.g. tunnels, bridges, buildings, highways, railways and materials e.g. concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Proven project management including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Team management of teams of 3-5 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-disciplinary commissions
- Good report writing skills as both an author and a checker
- Used to representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders and contractors
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical delivery skills
If you are interest in this role please contact RONNIE on 01792 365 000 or email your CV to Ronnie.email@example.com