Experienced Land Surveyor - Glasgow
Experienced Land Surveyor
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, outgoing, adaptable Land Surveyor to join a friendly civil engineering design consultancy based in the City Centre of Glasgow. Our client's workload is mostly design work in the rail industry with a balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors.
Our client is looking for an outgoing, adaptable Land Surveyor who can build their in-house survey department. You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with people at all levels. This will be a huge advantage in forming strong relationships with internal and external customers. You will be ambitious and have a drive to develop your skillset and career.
Requirements for this Land Surveyor role:
- Be competent in undertaking Land and building surveys.
- To be able to use the 3D Laser Scanner on site would be an advantage but not essential. Assistance may be required for processing & drawing up.
- Be able to undertake setting out duties and Include an understanding of primary, secondary & tertiary control and when to use each.
- Hold a valid PTS or have worked within a rail environment would be an advantage but not essential.
- To carry out works on site & in the office as delegated to them, to the relevant standards & procedures for surveying, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance & Environmental policies.
- Must be competent in all aspects of land and measured building surveys. A degree or other relevant qualification in surveying would be an advantage.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of construction engineering survey techniques.
- Must have experience of surveying software, preferably LSS and/or Trimble Business Centre.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Must be an experienced AutoCAD user.
- Must be familiar with Trimble survey equipment and applications.
- Ability to travel within Scotland and sometimes work night shifts.
- Ability to manage the work of others and understand the financial side of the business.
- To have an understanding of ClearRoute Gauging software and how to use Lasersweep would be an advantage.
On offer is a competitive salary that is based upon your experience, overtime paid at 1.5 times normal hourly rate, company pension, 29 days holidays and an annual Christmas bonus.
If you are interest in this role please contact RONNIE on 01792 365 000 or email your CV to Ronnie.email@example.com