Welwyn Garden City
Salary up to £34,000 + Benefits
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join a successful, well-established, Structural Design consultancy based in Hertfordshire. Working on a range of projects across commercial and domestic building structures ventures from small domestic alterations right through to multi-unit housing developments and commercial projects, our client has a great reputation in the area and due to an increasing workload, is looking to grow the team further.
The successful application will get the chance to join a friendly close knit team, working on a variety of projects across sectors and materials. You will get the chance to see projects through from inception through to completion stage and you will be assisted and supported to become a Chartered Engineer. Our client is offering a competitive starting salary, regular pay reviews and discretionary bonus schemes.
In order to be considered for this Structural Engineer role you will;
- Have gained a strong Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- You will have a minimum of 2 to 3 years (or more) design experience gained from a consultancy environment
- Ability to design using different materials
- You must be able to design to British Standards
- It is likely you will have worked on commercial and/or residential buildings
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- You will work well as part of a close knit design team
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
Working as a Structural Engineer you will;
- Produce design calculations
- Assist in preparing reports/specifications
- Produce sketches & drawings
- Assist with CAD work
- Attend Site and Client liaison meetings
- Assist in bid proposals
- Work towards Chartership
Commutable locations for this Structural Engineer position include; Watford, Hatfield, Stevenage, Harpenden and St Albans.
In order to discuss this Structural Engineer role and other similar roles within the Building Structures sector please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk