Principal Ground Engineer
Structural Soils, a member of RSK Group Ltd, is a 250-strong site investigation contractor with a large fleet of drilling equipment. It is further supported by fully accredited UKAS laboratories and together with other group companies, the company makes RSK Group one of the UK’s largest site investigation service providers. Over the past year this part of the business has grown by at least 20% and secured some very exciting projects including HS2, A303 Stonehenge Bypass along with being awarded a number of Local Authority Frameworks.
Structural Soils has an opening for a Principal Ground Engineer to lead the engineering team in Castleford reporting into the Director of Engineering North. This position could lead to a promotion to Associate Director with time and experience.
Structural Soils in Castleford undertakes ground investigation contracts throughout the north of England as well as tying in with the company nationally to support on major projects. Projects are undertaken for all sectors but traditionally rail and public sector projects form a large proportion of the contracts.
Principal Ground Engineer - Castleford
As a Senior member of the team you will be expected to lead or assist in the delivery of geotechnical projects and will therefore be able to demonstrate strong technical, commercial and project management capabilities. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Lead a the team of ground investigation engineers
- Oversee the training and development of graduate level engineers
- Develop Client relationships and build a Client base with the support of the central marketing and sales team
- Prepare ground investigation tender submissions with the support of the central tendering team
- Project manage ground investigations and undertake site works as required
- Oversee and produce laboratory testing schedules and factual reports
- Oversee and control project budgets and invoicing
- Stewardship of health and safety in accordance with company standards and guidelines
- Typically 6+ years experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
- Master’s degree in a related field would be preferred
- Practical experience in supervising and managing Ground Investigations
- A good theoretical and practical knowledge of Health and Safety relating to the Ground Investigation industry
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Able to plan and prioritise workload
- Client driven with the ability to motivate and engage with immediate colleagues and those across the wider RSK business
- Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation an advantage
- Full, clean driving licence essential
- Chartered status a benefit
Salary and benefits:
- £depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK geotechnical consultancies in Ground Engineering magazine’s 2017 Geotechnical Services File (GSF) survey there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information please call Lauren Reynolds, HR Advisor on 0117 300 4280 or email email@example.com
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer