Senior Structural Engineer
Our client has a network of national offices and an excellent, award winning reputation. Their office in Leeds has a requirement for a Senior Structural Engineer who has at least 5 years' practical buildings structures design experience.
A great deal of their project work is within the retail sector, but our client will also expect the successful Senior Structural Engineer to work on new build and refurbishment schemes.
Ideally a Chartered MIStructE engineer who has retained their "hands-on" technical ability.
As a Senior Structural Engineer you will be require to work with established teams, managing and assisting an existing client base. You will also be tasked with expanding the team and managing a wide portfolio of work.
Requirements of a Senior Structural Engineer:
- An innate understanding of structural engineering
- All round experience in building structures including load bearing masonry and framed structures
- Proven UK design experience utilising British Standards/Eurocodes
- Chartered or near Chartered Membership of IStructE or ICE
- Competence with computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in most common materials i.e. steel, concrete, composite, masonry and timber
- Good verbal and written communication skills with experience of report writing essential
- Good grasp of detailing
- Experience of coaching and briefing CAD technicians and less experienced engineers
- Experience of site inspections/surveys essential
- Experience of meetings/communications with clients and other professionals essential and a confident manner in dealing with them
- Self-motivation and be capable of supporting/working within an existing team
- Commitment to health and safety, CDM and CPD requirements
Salary on offer is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Company pension, private healthcare and generous business mileage rate also provided.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV to Graham Ventham and he will be in touch.