Chief Electrical Engineer - Rail - 6 Months
Electrical Design Expert – Rail – India – 6 Months
Our client is a multinational consultancy; they have an urgent requirement for an Electrical Design Expert (Rail) to join their team in India. Candidates placed in this role must have overseas experience and will have extensive experience of railway electrification systems design. This opportunity is for an immediate start on a 6 month fixed term contract.
- Designing and installing electrical infrastructure, including substations
- Maintaining and upgrading equipment for the distribution and control of power
- Constructing, maintaining and upgrading traction and distribution substations
- Interpreting specifications, drawings, standards and regulations relating to power equipment
- Managing the electrical network and the coordination of responses to asset failures and operational incidents.
- Oversee the design and construction of data transmission systems, optical fiber cable communication systems, GSM-R Radio systems, Telephone systems, Associated Power supply systems for various Telecom Sub Systems, Dispatch telephone systems, Master clock systems and VHF communication systems.
- A BSc in Electrical Engineer
- 3 years overseas experience
- 6 years’ experience on large scale rail projects in a similar role
- Minimum of 12 years’ post graduate experience
- Previous experience in a electrical design role managing large scale rail projects
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills