Associate - Bridges
Associate - Bridges
MHB Consultants - Glasgow City Centre
Due to an increased workload, we are looking for an Associate - Bridges to join our Glasgow Office
Responsibilities will include
- Assisting the Directors to develop the business in terms of turnover, technical capability and geographically.
- Take a leading role in business development and client management
- Leading and managing design teams
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role
- Project manager for bid documentation
- Manage and build relationships with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Monitoring of project scoping and budgets
- Mentoring and developing staff
- This is a technically challenging environment, and you will require a solid background based on project experience in technical civil and structural engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience in a design environment and including a work winning role
- Be a chartered engineer – ICE, IStructE
- Strong academic, engineering degree qualified (or equivalent).
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to sense check calculations and challenge solutions
- Experience of working with a range of structures e.g. tunnels, bridges, buildings, highways, railways and materials e.g. concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Proven project management including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Team management of teams of 8-10 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-disciplinary commissions
- Used to representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders and contractors
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical and business skills
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- 21 days’ annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership
- Company Group pension
- Range of additional company benefits
About the Company
MHB Consultants is a civil engineering design consultancy established in 2006. We currently have 24 full time staff based in our Glasgow city centre office. Workload is 70% design work in the rail industry with the balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors. Our clients are building contractors, local authorities, transportation agencies and private clients. Our company aim is to provide practical solutions to save money for our clients
If your looking to apply, click on the apply button!