Civil Engineer- Heathrow Airport Project
LONDON – Q6
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
To provide the management for delivering a scope of work to the defined cost time and quality within a project and ensuring the achievement of best Health and Safety practice. Under direction, performs engineering planning and design in the areas of mechanical systems.
- Delivery of project in accordance with schedule, within budget and safely.
- Supervise construction activities
- Subcontractor management
- Weekly meetings, reporting and assist project controls function
- Management of Site Activities, Financials and Contract
- To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and any other stakeholder.
- To coordinate with the Heathrow Airport Operations desk to ensure all the permits required are in order to carry out the project works safely and minimizing the impact on the Airport operations.
- To ensure that works are carried out according to Airport Civils specifications and ensuring that all quality standards are met.
- To report on works progress, Quality Assurance, Health and Safety and Airport Security.
- To manage subcontractors to ensure delivery of the required service and to comply with company policies according to the Airport Health and Safety Regulations.
- To work with the planning team to develop detailed and accurate short term programmes of work
- To monitor and assess staff capability and performance
- To manage the ordering process and supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of required materials
- To manage the budget and delivery of the project within their shift
- To provide accurate and timely reporting of progress against the plan
- To ensure adoption of innovative ideas from within the business and from the workforce
- Assist in the coordination of works and logistics with the various Airport stakeholders and Airport Authorities.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering
- 3 to 6 years of experience in groundworks and/or concrete
- Leadership and people management skills
- Influencing skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- The ability to work with initiative when outside influences affect planned operations
- Commercial and Contractual awareness
- QA Systems and process
- Knowledge of IT systems and operation
- CSCS card
- Team player
Ferrovial Agroman UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.