Senior Engineer – Highways and Transport
Senior Engineer - Highways and Transport
Job number: EIE00498
Job type: Highways
Location: Chichester area
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 27-Jan-2019
Job title: Senior Engineer – Highways and Transport
Salary: £31,401 to £34,106 per annum
Contract type: Permanent, full time position working 37 hours per week
Application closing date: 23:00pm on Sunday 27th January 2019
Interview date: Thursday 14th February 2019
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineer within our Highways and Transport Directorate.
You will form an integral part of a dynamic and highly motivated team responsible for managing the implementation of highway schemes for the residents of West Sussex. You will be directly involved in many significant projects across the county, ranging from minor junction improvements, to traffic calming and cycling schemes, to town centre public realm schemes. You will also support the team to develop and influence the prioritisation of forthcoming programmes of highway schemes, working with our Councillors and stakeholders from across the service and delivering a customer focused service.
You will be responsible for tasks to deliver schemes with in-house teams or consultant engineers to agreed deadlines and specification, as well as liaising with external and internal partners, stakeholders and communities about scheme development and assist with public consultations when appropriate.
In this diverse role you will build up experience in Highway Engineering and Project Management. The role will bring you great personal satisfaction in that you will see highways schemes delivered from the concept stage through to implementation, and that they make a difference to the communities of West Sussex.
Please kindly follow the link below to view full details of our Engineering, Contracts and Highways opportunities:
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays and currently the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Maternity, paternity, dependency and adoption leave
- A childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 a year through our West Sussex Choices benefits platform
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives
Please click on the ‘Apply for job’ button at the bottom of the page in order to submit your CV and cover letter by 23:00pm on Sunday 27th January 2019. We look forward to receiving your application and wish you the very best of luck.