Contracts Specialist - Rail - Bangladesh
Role: Contract Specialist for Railway Project
Total Inputs: 45 months
Budget: USD 11K
Mobilization: Within 1Q 2019 (the earlier the better)
Location/Assignment: Dhaka Bangladesh
Responsibilities: He is responsible for the contracts management and co-ordination with respect to all the Consultants activities and in this function he will be supported by the Team Leader, Project Manager and the Local Associates Co-ordinator. In his capacity his main duties are summarized below:
- A contract specialist is in charge of the interpreting the terms of the contract.
- He will make sure the work is being done following the conditions of contract.
- Reviewing contractual binding and informing BR from time to time.
- Inform Project Manager & the employer for taking necessary action if any non-compliance of terms of Contract takes place.
- Reviewing communications with the contractors/subcontractors.
- Assisting BR in drafting contract amendments, if necessary.
- Address any claim of contractor for time extension, force measure, extra work etc which involve extra cost.
- In case of dispute take necessary action to solve it.
- Assist the Project Manager to conclude the Contract and provide assistance during defect liability period.
- Dealing with any other work assigned by “The Engineer” as per provision of TOR.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Graduate of B.Sc. (Civil Engineering); A post graduate qualifications is an advantage.
- Total of Twenty (25) years’ of professional experience in the rail and infrastructure sector
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years in Contracts Management profession
- More than 3 relevant railway projects implemented/involvement outside his home country
- Proven experience in FIDIC based contracts funded by international donors (preferably ADB)
- Experiences in similar works particularly in South Asian countries or in other developed & developing countries
- Charted membership in any professional engineering institutions