Principal Engineer (Rail/Bridges)
Central London, Richmond, Ipswich, Chelmsford, Ashford
Salary up to £56,000 + Benefits
Are you a Principal, experienced Rail/Bridge Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Our client, a successful, well known, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy are working on a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects. With ambitious growth plans to continue to expand the rail team and a well-respected reputation in the industry, which has developed as a result of successful completion of projects, the teams capabilities are ever increasing. Typical projects would include bridges, stations, buildings, lineside structures, culverts, drainage, car parks, depots and temporary work. Services include surveying, examinations, reporting, assessments, design, site supervision and engineering assurance.
Our client is currently seeking a Principal Rail/Bridge Engineer to join its newly formed Assessment team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An ability to lead design teams in the design of railway structures. Experience of leading design teams in the design of railway, highway or other civil engineering structures will be required.
- An ability to design railway structures to Eurocodes, British Standards and railway group standards. Experience of producing designs to British Standards and Eurocodes will be required. This must have entailed the interpretation of client requirements, project definition and management, production and checking of calculations, structural analysis, preparation of sketches for and working with technicians, and the preparation of accompanying documents.
- An ability to assess railway structures including platforms, canopies, bridges and buildings in accordance with relevant standards. Experience is essential.
- An ability to lead others and self in the inspection of civil engineering structures on site. Prior experience of carrying out inspection work will be required.
- An ability to interpret engineering defects to existing structures and to produce technical reports to a high standard.
- An ability to line manage and provide mentoring to more junior employees. Experience of doing so will be expected.
- An ability to manage client expectations, attend project meetings with external parties and manage project commercial activities. Experience will be required.
- An ability to promote and develop the business in conjunction with the Directors and other management team personnel.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles
Key requirements for this Principal Rail/Bridges role include;
- A minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) degree in a relevant subject.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment.
- UK driving licence.
Our client is offering a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, engaging workload, an annual performance related bonus and real career development prospects.
We are currently looking for Engineers in London, Richmond, Ipswich, Ashford and Chelmsford*
In order to discuss this Principal Rail/Bridge Engineer role and other similar roles within the Transportation sector please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk