Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER - EDINBURGH - £NEGOTIABLE
Our client are looking for an experienced and dynamic Geotechnical Engineer to join the team based in Edinburgh
As a Geotechnical Engineer with our client you will assist in mentoring junior staff and generally work with other teams providing internal support services related to foundations, retaining structures, slopes and road projects etc.
Where required you will prepare specifications and reports and carry out site inspections.
Attend client meetings and manage the client interface on progressively larger and more complex projects.
Other key duties will include:
- Scope and price geotechnical aspects of projects.
- Work with external and internal clients as a member of the geotechnical team.
- Advise internal professionals in our highways, bridges and structural engineering groups.
- Assist as a team member or lead geotechnical related projects.
- Apply your understanding of construction methods.
- Preparation of reports and specifications.
- Site inspections and reporting.
- Field monitoring and data collection.
- Mentoring of junior members of staff.
For this role you will require:
- Degree Qualified in Geology or Civil Engineering.
- Higher degree or specialist expertise highly regarded.
- Chartered Civil Engineer or Geologist status considered essential although strong candidates working towards chartership may also be considered.
- Experience in ground characterisation.
- Experience in design.
- Experience of project management.
- Appreciation of engineering risk.
- Developing and understanding of commercial risk.
- Prepared to innovate.
- An ability to mentor and foster skills within junior members of staff.
- Ongoing development of professional skills.
To apply for this position contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 365 100. Alternatively, you can send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org