Customer Sales Manager
Circa £35,000 with OTE £55,000 plus company car, with a great benefits package including private medical, life assurance and excellent pension
We're looking for candidates in:
- Newton Abbot
- Aberdeen/ Inverness
Why join Mabey Hire
We believe in a world without boundaries. At Mabey Hire we take our customer’s project vision and make it our challenge to engineer the right temporary works solution to bring it to life. For the last 60 years we have been using our creative engineering approach to enable our customers to deliver some of the most exciting construction and infrastructure projects in the country. Whether these projects are large or small, a standard design or bespoke, we always find the optimum solution to any engineering challenge.
About the role
The role of Customer Sales Manager is a field based position focusing on growing new business opportunities within both an allocated customer portfolio, and identified development prospects. The aim is to maximise sales revenue and profitability of temporary works solutions through lead and appointment generation, the completion of design briefs, negotiation of quotes, order closing and ownership of the customer experience.
Key aspects of delivering effectively in the role include:
- Regular visits to new, prospect and existing customers, independently or in collaboration with a Field Engineer
- A hunger for targeting and winning loyal customers and projects requiring engineered schemes
- Supporting the development of national/key accounts
- Proactive growth of your own commercial market knowledge and expertise through consultant & trade networking, industry journals and events etc.
We are specifically looking for a minimum of two years spend in a technical sales position within the temporary works or construction sector, and a proven track record of achieving targeted sales, including growth, to a budget. Tenacity and a will to win are also essential.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- The ability to absorb & understand technical information and translate that into customer interactions & design briefs
- People focused with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proactive, self-motivated and possess strong commercial acumen
- As this is a field-based role it is essential that you possess a full driving licence