Railway Manager - Istanbul
Our client is an international railway engineering consultancy, they have a requirement for a Rail Manager with 18+ years’ experience managing multiple large railway projects and leading in a client facing position to join their team and manage their railway functions across Turkey. Based out of Istanbul, ideal candidates for this position will have extensive experience on Heavy and Light Rail and due to client approval, will need to hold a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- You will manage all pre- and post- contract activities our client’s projects within the Railway sector
- Interact with consultants and contractors throughout the project lifecycle.
- Participate in strategic planning activities for the projects
- Ensure constant point of contact with all stakeholders from project award to completion of operation and maintenance responsibilities
- Establish suitably competent teams for the management, supervision and execution of projects and ensure adequate resources are maintained to achieve the objectives of the projects, with set budgetary limits
- Monitor projects performance in respect of quality and programme to ensure requirements are met and corporate targets are realised
- Champion, establish and maintain ultimate responsibility for health and safety, and environmental protection responsibilities on site to ensure compliance with legislation, corporate procedures and objectives
- Encourage employee development for project team members in line with competencies – continuous improvement via utilisation of Performance Management process
- Participate at corporate level in monitoring and directing the overall performance of the organisation.
- Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
- Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as project needs arise.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- 18-20 years’ experience
- In depth knowledge of the rail and mass transit industry
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent managerial skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to successfully influence and respectfully challenge colleagues in relation to upholding project management standards.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams and colleagues
- Thrive working in multi-disciplinary teams.