Project Director - Railway ( Freight) - Contractor
Our client is an international contractor, they have a requirement for a highly experienced Project Director for Rail Programmes to join their team and be is the UAE. Suitable candidates for this position will have 20+ years’ experience managing $Multi-Billion Rail Programmes (freight) from conception to completion for contractors.
- Managing the delivery of the programme, from start to finish, project value as multibillion dollar.
- Provide support to facilitate delivery of construction, coordinating logistics, permitting, commissioning and handover activities to contractual technical, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Ensure the availability and implementation of an effective operations strategy, standards, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Interface with the Engineering Team to ensure the appropriate level of support is provided to facilitate resolution of design solutions that promote constructability and value engineering.
- Review the performance of the construction supervisors and the contractors and take appropriate action where improvements are required.
- Ensure the required support is provided to facilitate the timely payment of invoices and resolution of variations and claims.
- Provide task force support to each project during start up and to resolve problems during construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 20+ years experience
- Proven track record of delivering $ Multi Billion Rail Projects
- Experience in leading on infrastructure, railway project, etc. preferably in the Middle East.
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results.
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations